Eagle Eye Guns, LLC — Online Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories Since 2004
Finest quality products, competitive prices, friendly service, and fast shipping!
- Don't rely on biased search engines or social media! Bookmark our home page in your browser today!
- Like the stock market, our prices may fluctuate. Check back often for great deals!
WINCHESTER RANGER IN STOCK! RA45T, RA45TP, and RA9T in stock. RA9124TP back in stock soon. Federal Law Enforcement 9mm 124 gr HST1, 147 gr HST2, and 124 gr +P HST3 still available. Future supplies may be limited. Items purchased today will ship tomorrow or the next business day. There are no backorders.
- We judge demand for a particular item by how many customers ask to be notified about when it's back in stock. Also you are welcome to contact us with requests about offering new items.
- Login, cart and checkout are secure industry standard SHA-2 256 bit connections.
- There are no sales, but the
prices may fluctuate.
- Unfortunately, there are no LE/military/agency
discounts. The price is the same for everyone.
- Selected LE boxes and cases may have the lot numbers obscured prior to shipping.
- We discretely overbox ammo in brand new Uline boxes, and
apply the black & white "limited quantity" label.
- We use lots of bubble wrap and peanuts to protect your
purchase. Your packages are packed with surgical precision by a real surgeon.
- The return address does not contain the word
"gun" or any reference to ammunition.
- The quoted shipping charge is the actual UPS Ground charge and fully insured by UPS Capital Insurance Agency. There
is no credit card fee and no handling fee.
- It is your responsibility to know if you’re following
the laws of your state or community. You must be 21 years old or older to purchase any item from us. Any order placed that does not meet
these requirements will be automatically canceled and refunded minus
a 4% credit card processing fee.
- If you live in IL or NJ, you must email us your credentials
at the time you place your order.
- We do not ship ammo to CA, CT, MA, NY, DC, HI, or AK. No
exceptions or exemptions. If you live in in one of those states and would
like to purchase optics or accessories, please contact us before
attempting to place an order.
"Certain ammunition makers have decided certain products of theirs are only for the law enforcement market. Since ammunition makers don't sell directly to the public, product has to go through distributors. Some of those distributors have an agreement with the ammunition maker in question to only sell that ammunition to law enforcement agencies and personnel. However, some stores are able to get it in stock and don't have the agreement so they sell to whomever they want. If you're keen to have one of those brands of bullets found in many duty guns that's how you'd get it..." Continue reading at: http://gunbelts.com/blog/is-law-enforcement-ammunition-different/
- Vista, makers of Federal ammo: "Our HST ammunition is available to all customers. We’re proud to offer
competitive products and pricing based on technology, value and pursuit.
The industry standard 50-round Law Enforcement packs are and always
have been offered to the LE channel to meet their needs. There
are often sales that occur outside of our direct customer channels that
provide excess inventory of these packs to the commercial market." AR15.com
Winchester Ranger T 9mm 147 gr JHP
IN STOCK! Winchester Ranger T-Series RA9T 9mm 147 grain Jacketed Hollow Points. UPC: 020892210462. MFR #: RA9T
$0.65/cartridge for arguably the best and the most difficult to find 9mm self defense round. The ammunition in packaged in five black Winchester T-Series Enhanced 50 round boxes as pictured. This ammunition was manufactured at Winchester's new plant in Oxford, MS in 2017 or 2018.
This is the modern day evolution of Winchester's Black Talon cartridge. Save $10 by buying a 500 round case: 500 Round Case RA9T
- EXCELLENT STOPPING POWER
- OUTSTANDING PENETRATION,EXPANSION & WEIGHT RETENTION
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY
- WIDER & STRONGER SIX PETAL CONFIGURATION
- Shellcase: 9mm Luger nickel plated shellcase with cap and mouth shellac
- Bullet: 147 grain, reversed tapered jacket - not blackened.
- Jacket Weight: 17 % of total bullet weight.
- Powder: Low flash, clean burning.
- Primer: Winchester non-corrosive primer
- Accuracy: Product mean of 1.50” Extreme Spread – Five shot targets at 50 yards from a SAAMI test barrel.
- Velocity: 985 ft/sec nominal at 15 ft using a SAAMI standard 4” test barrel (995 ft/sec muzzle velocity).
- Muzzle Energy: 317 ft-lb.
- Pressure: 35,000 psi max. average
- Waterproofing: Lacquer applied to primer annulus
This cartridge is on Dr. Gary Roberts' list of loads that demonstrate outstanding terminal performance and can be considered acceptable for duty/self-defense use. 9mm Self Defense and Duty Loads
"FWIW, many of the largest west coast LE agencies have been using 147 gr for two decades without any issues, same with the FBI..." Dr. Gary Roberts
"The FBI currently issues a 147 gr and previously issued 147 gr going back the last quarter century or so, as noted above..." Dr. Gary Roberts
"RA9T works well and is quite similar to the HST, but with a bit less expansion and barrier ability." Dr. Gary Roberts
"Winchester Ranger Talon had been used around here for over a decade with superb OIS incident results. Unfortunately, in 2008, Winchester was unable to deliver the quantity of ammo needed in the required time frame; the Federal HST met the bid requirements and was immediately available." Dr. Gary Roberts
"Winchester Ranger? LAPD and LA County report high satisfaction with the 147-gr. 9mm version." ( "Police Ammo for the Rest of Us." Massad Ayoob, American Handgunner ).
"At a Winchester ammo seminar earlier this year, I expressly asked the assembled execs if they had ever heard of a case where an armed citizen's choice of their LEO/Ranger ammo had been used against them in court, and they replied that they had not." Massad Ayoob posting on "The High Road"
Velocity means nothing with the new generation ammo. It relies on design to expand not velocity.
"Whatever you choose, make sure you fire at least 500 and preferably 1000 failure free shots through your pistol prior to carrying it. If your pistol cannot fire at least 1000 consecutive shots without a malfunction, something is wrong and it is not suitable for duty/self-defense use." Dr. Gary Roberts in pistol-forum.com
"Bullet designs like the Silver Tip, Hydra-Shok, and Black Talon were state of the art 15 or 20 years ago. These older bullets tend to plug up and act like FMJ projectiles when shot through heavy clothing; they also often have significant degradation in terminal performance after first passing through intermediate barriers. Modern ammunition which has been designed for robust expansion against clothing and intermediate barriers is significantly superior to the older designs. The bullets in the Federal Classic and Hydrashok line are outperformed by other ATK products such as the Federal Tactical and HST, as well as the Speer Gold Dot; likewise Winchester Ranger Talons are far superior to the old Black Talons or civilian SXT's." Dr. Gary Roberts