Eagle Eye Guns, LLC — Online Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories Since 2004
Finest quality products, competitive prices, friendly service, and fast shipping!
- Don't rely on Search Engines! Press Ctrl-D to Bookmark this homepage!
- WINCHESTER RANGER AND SPEER 9MM G2 IN STOCK! RA9T, RA45T, RA9BA. No joy on RA45TP. Items purchased today will ship tomorrow or the next business day. There are no backorders.
- We judge demand for a particular item by how many customers ask to be notified about when it's back in stock. Also you are welcome to contact us with requests about offering new items.
- Login, cart and checkout are secure connections.
- There are no sales, but the
prices may fluctuate.
- Unfortunately, there are no LE/military/agency
discounts. The price is the same for everyone.
- Selected LE boxes and cases may have the lot numbers obscured prior to shipping.
- We discretely overbox ammo in brand new Uline boxes, and
apply the black & white "limited quantity" label.
- We use lots of bubble wrap and peanuts to protect your
purchase. Packages are packed with surgical precision by a real surgeon.
- The return address does not contain the word
"gun" or any reference to ammunition.
- The quoted shipping charge is the actual UPS Ground charge and fully insured by UPS Capital Insurance Agency. There
is no credit card fee and no handling fee.
- It is your responsibility to know if you’re following
the laws of your state or community. Any order placed that does not meet
these legal requirements will be automatically canceled and refunded minus
a 4% credit card processing fee.
- If you live in IL or NJ, you must email us your credentials
at the time you place your order.
- We do not ship ammo to CA, CT, MA, NY, DC, HI, or AK. No
exceptions or exemptions. If you live in in one of those states and would
like to purchase optics or accessories, please contact us before
attempting to place an order.
500 rounds Speer LE 54226 Gold Dot G2 9mm 147gr Elastomer Tip - FBI Duty Round - New Version
$297.49. 500 rounds Speer LE 54226 G2 - Gold Dot 2 - 9mm 147gr Polymer Tip
Speer LE 54226 Gold Dot G2 9mm 147gr Polymer Tip as currently issued by law enforcement agencies and the FBI as their duty round. Speer Gold Dot G2 provides the best performance for duty with the highest scores in the history of FBI protocol testing.
The Gold Dot G2 features exclusive Gold Dot construction and a
structural-plated, pressure-formed core. Instead of a large cavity in
the nose, Gold Dot G2 has a shallow dish filled with a high-performance
elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into specially designed
fissures to start the expansion process, as opposed to conventional
bullet designs, which need target media to enter the hollow point and
create expansion forces. The result is uniform expansion and more
consistent penetration across barrier types, gun platforms, and barrel
This ammunition was recently shipped from the distributor, so it is
brand new and the latest version. All cartridges that we sell are the new version regardless of date of the headstamps. This batch appears to have 2018 headstamps. Speer
54226 has been in use continuously by the FBI as their duty round for
over 5 years as Speer 54227.
The skives of the cartridge were modified starting in late 2015 so that the bullet
will better expand in barrels shorter than 5 inches. The new version with the modified skives is on the right of this
photograph by Molon. The earlier version was repackaged by Speer and sold as surplus to distributors in a white box as
training ammunition with a vendor number of 954226. This training
ammunition was available for $0.38 per round from other vendors. The
cartridges that we are offering are the latest version, first quality, and just shipped from the distributor.
From Dr. G.K. Roberts (Glock 19) . . .
9 mm Fed 147 gr HST 4LD: Pen = 15.5”, RD = 0.52”, RL = 0.53”, RW = 148.5 gr
9 mm Speer 147 gr G2 4LD: Pen = 17.4”, RD = 0.49”, RL = 0.45”, RW = 145.6 gr
9 mm Win 147 gr RA9B 4LD: Pen = 19.4”, RD = 0.46”, RL = 0.49”, RW = 146.6 gr
Recovered from 4LD--Top row is Speer 147 gr G2 PT, Far right is Fed 147 gr HST control round, Bottom row is Winchester 147 gr RA9B JHP
Range report from Molon on AR15.com HERE
This cartridge is on Dr. Gary Roberts' list of loads that demonstrate outstanding terminal performance and can be considered acceptable for duty/self-defense use. 9mm Self Defense and Duty Loads
"Bullet designs like the Silver Tip, Hydra-Shok, and Black Talon were
state of the art 15 or 20 years ago. These older bullets tend to plug
up and act like FMJ projectiles when shot through heavy clothing; they
also often have significant degradation in terminal performance after
first passing through intermediate barriers. Modern ammunition which
has been designed for robust expansion against clothing and
intermediate barriers is significantly superior to the older designs.
The bullets in the Federal Classic and Hydrashok line are outperformed
by other ATK products such as the Federal Tactical and HST, as well as
the Speer Gold Dot; likewise Winchester Ranger Talons are far superior
to the old Black Talons or civilian SXT's."
Dr. Gary Roberts on pistol-forum.com