50 rounds Black Hills Ammunition Factory New D556N19 - 5.56mm 77 Grain Tipped MatchKing
One of the newer offerings from Black Hills! An improved MK262 round with a superior ballistic coefficient.
Black Hills produces factory new rifle ammunition equal to some of the best handloads. It is quickly becoming one of most popular manufacturers of ammunition. Used primarily by all branches of the United State military, this ammunition is also used by competitive shooters and hunters.
Black Hills has again expanded its popular line of 5.56mm ammunition. Sierra 77 grain MatchKing™ bullets set the standard for long range accuracy in .223 and 5.56. World records have been set with those bullets, and MK262 ammunition loaded by Black Hills using MatchKing™ bullets has provided significantly increased capability to our nation's soldiers, sailors and Marines. Sierra has now further refined this bullet with the addition of a polymer tip which improves upon the external ballistics by significantly increasing ballistic coefficient from .373 to .420. What this means is that the new TMK projectile will be much more resistant to both drag and wind, meaning it will fly flatter and straighter in adverse conditions.The tip also improves terminal ballistics, increasing uniformity of performance and penetration when the projectile arrives on target. This new Tipped MatchKing™ is now offered as an additional Black Hills 5.56 load.
This ammunition is loaded with Lake City brass that has undergone factory annealing which extends brass life. As a result of the annealing process the neck portion of the brass may be discolored until the case is cleaned.
Please Note: While the 5.56x45mm NATO will fit in a .223 Remington chamber, the 5.56 is a military round that runs at higher pressures than its .223 counterpart and is not recommended to be fired in a .223 Remington chamber.
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Bullet Weight: 77 Grain
- Bullet Style: Sierra TMK
- Case Type: Brass
• Streamlined polymer-tipped MatchKing bullet for ultra-true trajectories.
• Refined upgrade of Mk262 Mod 1 with longer legs and better terminal kinetics.
• Bucks the wind well; retains energy downrange.
• Match-grade jacket design provides maximum accuracy at all ranges.
• Famous Black Hills Ammunition 5.56 mm Sierra loading in sealed factory case.
• Ten boxes/50 rds. per box - 500-rds in each case.
• Muzzle velocity from 20″ barrel: 2750 fps.
• High BC retains accuracy and hitting power downrange.
• Sierra 77-gr. Tipped MatchKing (TMK) bullet loaded into brand new 5.56 mm brass.
• Mil. spec. brass with NATO headstamp, "LC" or "WCC" and date.
• Crimped-in-place and sealed primers.
• Predictable explosive expansion; good penetration.
• Improved terminal ballistics; increased uniformity of performance and penetration.
• Muzzle velocity: 2750 fps from 20" barrel.
• B.C. of 0.420 • Cannelured; feeds great in semi- and bolt guns.
• Accurate with 1-7" and 1-8" twist rifles.
• Shoots farther than you can see!
• Good performance out of short-barrels or long.
"The top performers in the fragmenting, heavy OTM type category are
Hornady’s 5.56mm 75 grain TAP T2, the Nosler 77 grain Custom
Competition and the new Black Hills Ammunition load utilizing the Sierra
Tipped MatchKing." Molon on Lightfighter.net
Best 5.56 Ammo Part 3 - Black Hills 77gr TMK